New for 2014
New Rules 2014
Please note the following rules are NEW for 2014:
- All boats MUST be registered in Derby; ALL boats must display their Derby flag so that it is visible to all officials and anglers.
Important: Please note that this year boat owners must register their boat in the Derby and provide the number of anglers per boat in order to receive an official derby flag. Flags state number of anglers on boat – everyone on boat MUST have a ticket. No exceptions. All boats must have an official derby flag to be allowed to participate in the Kootenay Lake BC Family Day Fishing Derby 2014. If you are the boat owner please let us know and we will provide you with a boat registration form. If you are not the boat owner please make sure the boat owner is aware of this new rule.
- All fish must be measured from boats. Fish cannot be driven by road (unless instructed otherwise).
- Any and all fish in anglers' possession at measurement station must be dead; any live fish will result in immediate Derby disqualification (BC Regulations).
- Fishing Area: the main body of Kootenay Lake (not the West Arm)
- All prizes will be awarded on Monday February 10, 2014 at 1:30pm PST at Dock ‘n’ Duck Bar & Grill in Balfour; valid tickets must be presented to claim prize. Anglers must be present at this time to claim prize. Bonus draw prizes are not exchangeable for cash.
- FISH IN STATE OF RIGOR WILL BE REFUSED